After unveiling their World Series banner, the Houston Astros revealed a close look and lots of details behind their beautiful championship rings.
The team is handing out 1,332 of these rings made by Jostens to players, coaches, clubhouse and training staff, baseball and business front office members, medical staff, seasonal associates, Hall of Famers, owners and broadcasters, per the news release.
Here are some of the most amazing details, grouped by where they’re located on the ring:
1. 11 custom-cut diamonds on the front "H" – one diamond for every 2017 postseason win
2. 101 diamonds on the front – one for every 2017 regular season win
3. 56 diamonds encircle the "H" – one for each season until they won the first franchise title
4. "Houston Strong," the words the city and team rallied around after Hurricane Harvey, are included on one side
5. The one big diamond in the middle of the trophy on the side shows that this is the franchise’s first title
6. The trophy rises up from Minute Maid Park
7. On the other side, "the left field wall lifts up the city of Houston, a sentiment expressed by many fans when describing what this championship has meant to them and the community," per the news release
8. The Astros’ slogan "Earned History" is in a very specific place so that when you wear the ring, someone shaking your hand will notice it
9. A record of all the Astros’ 2017 playoff series
10. On the open sides of the ring, there’s one orange diamond on the bottom edge and one blue diamond on the top edge to represent how the Astros are the only franchise to have AL and NL championships
You can get a better look at No. 10 and see even more details over at MLB.com.